Sunday, September 28, 2008

Up to date -

Well, this week is the week that I turn in my Tenure and Promotion package. Plus, this is the week that we have our six-year accredidation visit from ABET. Oh, and I am supposed to write a few proposals this month, and I might as well throw in a few paper abstracts for the ASEE conference while I am at it. I feel like complaining, but at least I have a job that is fun most of the time, and I think I secretly like all of the writing. 

I did get to go to the Tech/USL game last weekend, and that was pretty fun! This week the game in on Wednesday in Boise, which is pretty odd. Obviously I can't go to Boise in the middle of the week, but the game is on ESPN so I will get to see it. I just have to figure out how to get out of Wednesday night practice. I know that I can set the DVR to record the game, there is just always that lingering thought that for some unknown reason the DVR won't work. Or worse, I will see the score before I get to start watching the game! :( 

Speaking of Tech sports, it is time to buy season tickets for Basketball, I will try to go over this week and get mine. I would just buy them online, but I don't see where to get the faculty price, so I will have to go in person. I am thinking that this year should be pretty exciting for Tech Basketball. I think we will win 20 games or more, which is a drastic improvement from last year. I am not too much into the Women's Basketball, but I will get tickets to them also, just to support the team.

Oh, I almost forgot - I was nominated to be a deacon at church! I won't be actually ordained until November sometime, but I was still pretty excited. Daddy was a deacon back at my home church. I wish you guys had gotten to meet him. Anyway, I don't know all of the terminonlogy right now, but basically, I will be "active" for the next three years and then I am not sure what happens, but I think I rotate off for a while (or maybe not). I am looking forward to it all.

I have made some progress on my car. I posted some "before" pictures a while back, and now I have some "sort of after" pictures. It isn't ready yet, but at least it looks better in spots. Here is one of the engine. I took a little bit of creative liberty this time around. When I first restored the car, I did everything just like it rolled of the showroom floor. This time, I went with what looked good to me, I am not as concerened with factory original anymore. Next on the list is to install a new gas tank and fuel line, do some brake work, and get an inspection sticker. I have some nice shiny new parts for the interior too which will help out in there. The biggest thing on the interior was new carpet though. 
Lastly, it looks like the Saints may be on to something. They are handling the 'niners pretty easliy this week. I think Deuce has a lot to do with it, they were really missing someone to just run the ball up the middle - which Deuce can do quite well. I know it is just San Fransico, but at least we are playing well in all phases of the game. 

Well, that is all for now!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

in my head, when i read, i get a lot of "blah, blah, blahs" when you talk about football and cars. and i would expect your head does the same thing when i talk about make-up and new kids on the block on mine.

however...
i sooooo saw the deacon part! congratulations! you are so deserving! and, that makes you one of the first people i know that is close to my age and a deacon. the rest are my father's age. just saying...we're all getting on up there. :)

Kelly Crittenden said...

I can understand about the "blah, blahs" - I kind of get that way when Stacy starts rambling on about which guy is hot this week, but I am glad that you stuck it out and finished the whole thing!

Yeah, the deacon thing does make me wonder if I am getting old.

Jessica said...

how about saying that you're just "mature for your age"? i like that better. i mean, really, we're not that far apart in numbers, so if you're old...i am, too.

and, despite the "blah, blah, blahs," i still read the whole thing and enjoy keeping up with you through your posts.

dude, do you really get to tell them how much you think you should be making? i'm in the wrong teaching area...

Anonymous said...

congrats on the deacon nomination!! as jess said, you are well deserving of that position. and no, you are not getting old, because davy is head deacon at our church and that would make us old too!! WE ARE NOT GETTING OLD!! (you think if we keep telling ourselves that, it will come true? :))

Kelly Crittenden said...

Whew, good to know that I am not getting old. I was about to worry about it, but then I forgot.