Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Dawgs win, Gustav, my car, and Wii Fit

So I have a lot of catching up to do, as evidenced by the number of topics in the heading up there. So here goes. First of all, I have to comment on the football team's win last Saturday. Yes, I was there, and yes, I recorded the game on my DVR, and yes, I watched the recording as soon as I got home from the game. It was that good! There were a few times when things weren't going so well, but the score never got to the point of no hope. I would liked to have seen a few more point from the good Dawgs. We had plenty of opportunity to score, we just made some mistakes that cost points. But overall it was a great effort and the defense held and we won. This week (Kansas) is going to have to be a perfect effort.

Gustav came blowing through Monday and it seems that we all escaped any major damage. I did have a tree down in the font yard that had me blocked in Monday night and Tuesday morning. My power was off until sometime Tuesday morning as well. But overall, no real damage to anything valuable. Now we will have to wait and see what Hanna is going to do.

I am making an assumption that my car is no longer on the City's list of annoyances. I haven't heard from them in several weeks so I think I am in the clear. I still have a good bit of work to do though and more parts to order. I got the engine running, but only by pouring gasoline directly into the carburetor. The fuel tank and lines are corroded and just not delivering fuel. So I ordered a new fuel tank and fuel lines that should be here this week. I also have gotten the interior back in good shape, I replaced the carpet and cleaned the rest of the interior. It is looking pretty good on the inside, although I do need a few trim pieces. I am going to have to replace the tires and do the brakes before I can actually drive anywhere though.

Lastly, I got a Nintendo Wii Fit the other day, just because it looked pretty cool and I like technology, especially when it is fun. Basically, the Fit is a balance board that has force sensors at each corner and it measures the position of your center of gravity as you move around on the board. It started out by asking my height and birthday and such and then had me stand on the board. It said that I had a BMI of 24.5 or something like that. It cheered me bacuase that was in the normal range, but it did say that 22 was the best and that I needed to loose a little weight to get to that perfect BMI. So then it proceeds to give me all sorts of exercises and yoga positions and such that I can do to help reach this "ideal" BMI. I did a few of them and they were pretty fun, some of them were pretty hard to do too. Apparently I have ok balance, but not great. But, at the time, I didn't think it was doing all that much, but this morning I really felt the workout. I wonder if I lost any weight? It keeps track of all that sort of stuff so when I get back on it again it will tell me if I managed to loose anything and begin to approach my ideal BMI. Overall, it was a pretty fun way to work out and I think it will be pretty easy to keep doing it. We shall see.

Oh, I will have some more information about my house decision soon. I have come up with about four different options that I will have to describe and then evaluate. So stayed tuned.

No comments: